Weather Alert - Patrick|
Click here for NWS Zone Forecast
Including the cities of Dobson, Wilkesboro, Stuart, Rocky Mount,
Bedford, and Amherst
1008 PM EDT Sat Oct 20 2018
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT SUNDAY...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until noon EDT Sunday.
* Winds...Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...Strongest winds developing after midnight.
* Impacts...Winds may topple trees and powerlines.
* Locations...Blue Ridge Foothills.
* Hazards...Strong wind gusts.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.